Prelude To King Kong
For other versions of this song, see: King Kong.
DICK KUNC: Here's one with your father's moustache, your old cookie jar, rubbers, sneakers, galoshes, belt buckles, and book covers with the name of your high school neatly imprinted in crimson and gold on the front with a picture of the goal post and last year's queen.
Players On This Song
- Frank Zappa - guitar, percussion
- Jimmy Carl Black - drums
- Billy Mundi - drums
- Roy Estrada - bass
- Don Preston - electric piano
- Ian Underwood - electric organ, piano, harpsichord, celeste, flute, clarinet, alto sax, baritone sax
- Bunk Gardner - piccolo, flute, clarinet, bass clarinet, soprano sax, alto sax, tenor sax, bassoon
- Arthur Tripp - drums, timpani, vibes, marimba, xylophone, wood blocks, bells, small chimes
- Jim "Motorhead" Sherwood - tenor sax, tambourine
Records On Which This Song Has Appeared
FZ Albums & Side Projects
Tributes & Cover Albums
- Jean-Luc Ponty: King Kong
- Various Artists: Sonora
- The Muffin Men: God Shave The Queen as track 2 I Want You Kong and track 7 Kashmir Kong, starting with Kashmir
- Zappatistas: Live In Leeds
- The Wrong Object: Play Zappa as King Kong (George W. Bush version)
- Colin Towns + NDR Bigband: Frank Zappa's Hot Licks (And Funny Smells)
- Meridian Arts Ensemble: Ear Mind I
- LeBocal: Oh No ! ... Just Another Frank Zappa Memorial Barbecue
- Nasal Retentive Orchestra: Fric Out!
Notes About This Song
- Recorded at Apostolic, NYC from October 1967 to February 1968.
- This "prelude" features a variation of the "King Kong" main theme.