King Kong (As Motorhead Explains It)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For other versions of this song, see: King Kong.
Players On This Song
- Frank Zappa - guitar, percussion
- Jimmy Carl Black - drums
- Billy Mundi - drums
- Roy Estrada - bass
- Don Preston - electric piano
- Ian Underwood - electric organ, piano, harpsichord, celeste, flute, clarinet, alto sax, baritone sax
- Bunk Gardner - piccolo, flute, clarinet, bass clarinet, soprano sax, alto sax, tenor sax, bassoon
- Arthur Tripp - drums, timpani, vibes, marimba, xylophone, wood blocks, bells, small chimes
- Jim "Motorhead" Sherwood - tenor sax, tambourine
Records On Which This Song Has Appeared
FZ Albums & Side Projects
Tribute & Cover Albums
- Jean-Luc Ponty: King Kong
- Various Artists: Sonora
- The Muffin Men: God Shave The Queen as track 2 I Want You Kong and track 7 Kashmir Kong, starting with Kashmir
- Zappatistas: Live In Leeds
- The Wrong Object: Play Zappa as King Kong (George W. Bush version)
- Colin Towns + NDR Bigband: Frank Zappa's Hot Licks (And Funny Smells)
- Meridian Arts Ensemble: Ear Mind I
- LeBocal: Oh No ! ... Just Another Frank Zappa Memorial Barbecue
- Nasal Retentive Orchestra: Fric Out!
Notes About This Song
- Recorded at Apostolic, NYC from October 1967 to February 1968.
- This version of "King Kong" is subdivided into five parts ("King Kong Itself", "King Kong II", "King Kong III", "King Kong IV" and "King Kong V"); "King Kong VI" is not part of this recording, but is a live version of the song recorded at a later date.
- The wholte suite follows a head-solo-head structure: