|Released July 1972|
IINK, Patio, KUR
The Old Masters, Box III
Threesome No. 2
- Frank Zappa (acoustic guitar, electric bed springs, vocals, guitar, percussion)
- Mike Altschul (baritone sax, piccolo, bass flute, bass clarinet, tenor sax, baritone sax)
- Bill Byers (trombone, baritone horn)
- George Duke (ring-modulated & echoplexed electric piano, tack piano)
- Aynsley Dunbar (drums, washboard, tambourine)
- Tony Duran (slide guitar, vocals)
- Erroneous (electric bass, vocals, fuzz bass)
- Janet Ferguson (vocals)
- "Sneaky Pete" Kleinow (pedal steel solo)
- Sal Marquez (trumpets, vocals, flugelhorn, chimes)
- Joel Peskin (tenor sax)
- Kris Peterson (vocals)
- Don Preston (piano, Minimoog)
- Ken Shroyer (trombone, baritone horn)
- Jeff Simmons (Hawaiian guitar, vocals)
Recorded: Paramount Studios, LA, April-May, 1972.
Released July 1972.
Produced by Frank Zappa.
Engineered by Kerry McNab (Under the thoughtful supervision of Marshall Brevitz).
Cover illustration by Marvin Mattelson (The idea for the sink courtesy Sal Marquez).
Cover photo by Philip Schwartz.
Packaging by Cal Schenkel.
This album is dedicated to Paul Hof & Barry Keene.
"'Waka/Jawaka' ... is something that showed up on a Ouija board at one time."
|ZFT #||Version #||# discs||Format||Catalog #||Release
REP 44203 (2094)
|1972?||None||German edition. Matrix #|
Side1: WEA - 44203 - A - PF
Side2: WEA 44203 - A - PF
|1987-12-30||Included in The Old Masters, Box III set.|
|1989-01||5016583601027||UK edition, AAD. Matrix # ZAP 10 MPO 03 @@|
|1996-05-30?||4988112408586||Japanese edition = Rykodisc RCD 10516 repackaged with an obi strip and extra liner notes in Japanese|
|2002-03-21||None||Included in the Threesome No. 2 box set. Matrix # IFPI L503 IFPI 8708 DISCTRONICS RCD 10516 01|
|2001-10-24||4988112412712||Japanese edition, mini-album papersleeve.|
|2012-08-28||0824302384824||US edition, manufactured and distributed by UMe.|
Source: Original 1972 Analog Master. Mastered by Doug Sax with Robert Hadley & Sangwook "Sunny" Nam at The Mastering Lab, Inc., 2012.
|2012-08-28||0824302384824||EU edition = Zappa/UMe ZR 3848, manufactured in Germany.|
|1||CD||Zappa/Universal Music Japan
|2012-11-28||4988005737618||Japanese edition, audiophile SHM-CD, mini-album papersleeve with an obi strip and liner notes in Japanese.|
- Martin C. Strong, 2004, The Great Rock Discography, p. 1721.
- Email announcement by the ZFT on July 31st, 2012.