The Adventures Of Greggery Peccary: Movement IV - The New Brown Clouds
For other versions of this song, see: The Adventures Of Greggery Peccary
Players On This Song
Records On Which This Song Has Appeared
Tribute & Cover Albums
- Greggery Peccary & Other Persuasions
- Nasal Retentive Orchestra: Music For Hungry People as Greggery Peccary
Notes About This Song
- Recorded live at Boston Music Hall in Boston, Massachusetts on 24 September 1972
- This is the last of the four movements of The Adventures Of Greggery Peccary
- FZ on "The Adventures Of Greggery Peccary": (from The Complete History Of The Few Last Weeks Of The Mothers Of Invention, 1972)
"Along with the original plans for the Uncle Meat movie, the legendary multi-record history of the ancient M.O.I., and, most recently, the Hunchentoot project, "The Adventures Of Greggery Peccary" must take its place over in the corner with the rest of the goodies that never quite escaped into the light of day.
This piece was originally designed as a ballet with narration and singing, based on the activities of a little pig belonging to an endangered species. Not much potential in that concept I guess.
This presentation contains no narration, no singing and no dancing. However, so you won't be too disoriented by what's left (the music), we provide herewith a simile of the original text design, complete up to the point where I quit working on it. We will, once again, leave it up to your very own imagination to hook it all up and make some sense out of it." [For a complete transcription of the original lyrics see the article.]