Lice (especially pubic lice) make regular appearence in Zappa's work. Songs that mention lice include:
- "Who Needs The Peace Corps?" on We're Only In It For The Money ("I'll stay a week and get the crabs, and take a bus back home").
- "Our Bizarre Relationship" on Uncle Meat (Suzy: "... and we had a cat and we had fleas and we had lots of crabs that we proceeded to give to everyone in Laurel Canyon except for Elmer and Phil...").
- "Does This Kind Of Life Look Interesting To You?" on 200 Motels ("... A dog, a car, an epidemic of body lice with your own record company, your name on the door, electric buzzer to the inner office...").
- "Dinah-Moe Humm" on Over-Nite Sensation ("An' asked if she had any cooties on there").
- "Attack! Attack! Attack!" on Civilization Phaze III (Roy: "That's why they have a lot of crabs...", Louie: "Yes, and uhm...", Roy: "A set of crabs?!").
In two of her articles ("Frank Zappa's Treasure House" and "Frank was the Real Thing living in a Nightmare"), Australian writer Germaine Greer writes about her first encounter with Frank and Gail Zappa, which also involved lice.