Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ties are featured regularly in Zappa's lyrics.
- Bow Tie Daddy
- Willie The Pimp: "Man in a suit with a bow-tie neck"
- Does This Kind Of Life Look Interesting To You?: "A fake tie"
- Cheepnis and Hunchentoot: "The ties are about that wide" (...) The suits & the hats & the tie's too wide and too short for the scientist man"
- The Adventures Of Greggery Peccary (1975 - Record Plant & UCLA): "This particular peccary is part of that bold, new, breed, that distinguishes itself by markings which resemble a wide tie directly below the white collar." (...) If it's wide enough everyone will know that the tie I'm wearing is a symbol of how nimble my mind will know."
- Packard Goose: "Beauty is a French phonetic corruption of a short cloth neck ornament currently in resurgence." (a pun on "beauty" and "bow-tie")
- Progress?: "Put on a tie!"
- German Lunch: "Why is the bow-tie goink from your neck?"
- Champagne Lecture: "Adjust your bow tie"
- Harry-As-A-Boy: "I lost all desire for intercourse with females when they started carrying those briefcases and wearing suits 'n ties."
- Artificial Rhonda: "Artificial Rhonda with the plastic tie".
- Heavenly Bank Account: "And a Wembley tie..."