From Zappa Wiki Jawaka
Dick Kunc was a recording engineer who had just started working at the Apostolic Studios when Zappa started recording there.
I was working with Dick Kunc, the recording engineer on Uncle Meat and Cruising with Ruben & the Jets. To make remote recordings in those days, Dick had a Shure eight-channel mixer remounted in a briefcase. He could sit in a corner at a live gig with earphones on and adjust the levels, and have the outputs of the briefcase mixer feeding a Uher portable tape recorder.
Kunc provided vocal on
His engineering credits include:
- Lumpy Gravy
- Cruising With Ruben & The Jets
- Uncle Meat
- Hot Rats
- Chunga's Revenge
- You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Vol. 1
- You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Vol. 4
- You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Vol. 5
- Civilization Phaze III, and Quaudiophiliac
- Trout Mask Replica
Kunc can be seen in the movies: