Jump to navigation Jump to search
Playboy is a U.S. adult magazine, founded in 1953 by Hugh Hefner (1926-2017, who was its chief editor until 2016. Zappa referenced the magazine a few times in his music and was interviewed by them too.
References to Playboy in Zappa's music
- Tiny Sick Tears: "And your father, your tiny sick father / is beating his meat to a playboy magazine / he's got it rolled into a tube / and he's got his tiny sick pud stuffed in the middle of it / right flat up against the centerfold"
- Honey Don't You Want A Man Like Me: "He was the playboy type (he smoked a pipe)".
- Drop Dead: "While you became lawyers and accountants, and read Playboy and bought a pipe, we planned and dreamed and fucked our briefcases while you weren't looking!"
Playboy Interviews with Zappa
- Zubin And The Mothers, April 1971, interview by F.P. Tullius.
- 20 Questions: Frank And Moon Unit Zappa, November 1982, interview by David and Victoria Sheff.
- Zappa was interviewed for Playboy At Night on 8 March 1986.  Audio of this interview appeared as the track "There Is No Need" on the album The MOFO Project/Object (Deluxe Edition). 
- Frank Zappa. Interview in Playboy, 2 May 1993.