From Zappa Wiki Jawaka
Ike Willis became "the voice of Joe" for Zappa in 1978, his tenure with The Mothers made him the "voice of Zappa" for the second half of Frank's career. Ike provided guitar and/or vocals for:
- Joe's Garage Act I
- Joe's Garage Acts II & III
- Tinseltown Rebellion
- Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar set
- You Are What You Is
- Ship Arriving Too Late To Save A Drowning Witch
- The Man From Utopia
- Them Or Us
- Thing-Fish (as the voice of the character Thing-Fish)
- Frank Zappa Meets The Mothers Of Prevention
- Does Humor Belong In Music?
- You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Vol. 1
- Broadway The Hard Way
- You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Vol. 3
- The Best Band You Never Heard In Your Life
- Make A Jazz Noise Here
- You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Vol. 4
- You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Vol. 6
- The Lost Episodes
- Beat The Boots series disks
Ike is another prime example of a major FZ player with little hard biographical data available; help!
Ike Willis is a band member of The Band From Utopia.