In 1989 FZ appeared on the American radio show Castaway's Choice, hosted by John McNally. He was asked to select ten records he would take to a desert island. He selected...
- Octandre by Edgard Varèse
- The Royal March From "L'Histoire Du Soldat" by Igor Stravinsky
- The Rite of Spring by Igor Stravinsky
- Third Piano Concerto, first movement by Béla Bartók.
- Stolen Moments by Oliver Nelson
- Three Hours Past Midnight by Johnny "Guitar" Watson
- Can I Come Over Tonight by The Velours
- Bagatelles for String Quartet by Anton Webern
- Symphony, Opus 21 by Anton Webern
- Piano Concerto in G by Maurice Ravel
He said of the Bartok piece "I think it is one of the most beautiful melodies ever written."
When asked to limit his choice to just one of these records he selected Three Hours Past Midnight.