Country: Austria (Österreich)
Location: 3.; Lothringerstraße 20 / Lisztstraße / Am Heumarkt
Built 1911-1913 for the "Konzerthaus-Gesellschaft" and the Austrian Interior Ministery by Ferdinand Fellner & Hermann Helmer. The complex comprises two completely separate buildings: the "Konzerthaus" concert hall, and the "K. k. Akademie für Musik und darstellende Kunst" (Royal Aacademy of Music and Performing Arts).
Konzerthaus: Opened 19 October 1913 with a gala concert. The house comprises three concert halls on the 1st floor which can be used simultaneously (or can be connected for balls etc.): "Großer Saal" with 2030 seats (today 1840), "Mittlerer Saal" (later renamed "Mozartsaal") with 893 seats (today 704), and "Kleiner Saal" (later renamed "Schubertsaal") with 414 seats (today 336). Later alterations of "Großer Saal" and "Schubertsaal". 1952 alteration of the "Mozartsaal" decoration. 1972-1975 restorations of all three halls to the original plans with slight alterations. 1997-2000 interior renovations and rebuilding by Hans Puchhammer, including a new hall, "Neuer Saal" (400 seats). Acoustical consultant: Karlheinz Müller. Home to the Wiener Symphoniker, Wiener Kammerorchester, and Klangforum Wien orchestras.