Pigs appear regularly in Zappa's work.
"Zappa was lying in bed, eating breakfast and playing with his three-month-old baby. He lives with his wife, Gail, and the baby, in a long basement apartment in the West Village. The apartment has a garden and its walls are papered with posters and music sheets and clippings from magazines; there is a full-length poster of Frank in the hall and a rocking chair in the living room with a crocheted cover that says "Why, what pigs?" (Zappa and the Mothers: Ugly Can Be Beautiful)
Appearances of pigs on "Lumpy Gravy" and Civilization Phaze III
- Drums Are Too Noisy
- Very Distraughtening
- The Pigs' Music
- How Pigs' Music Works
- A Pig With Wings
- Pigs & Repugnant
- Dark Water!
- This Is All Wrong
- Just One More Time
- A Different Octave
- The Adventures Of Greggery Peccary
- The Adventures Of Greggery Peccary: Movement I
- The Adventures Of Greggery Peccary: Movement II
- The Adventures Of Greggery Peccary: Movement III
- The Adventures Of Greggery Peccary: Movement IV - The New Brown Clouds
- When It's Perfect...
- The New Brown Clouds (1972 - unknown)
- Blessed Relief / The New Brown Clouds
- The Adventures Of Greggery Peccary (1975 - Record Plant & UCLA)
- Greggery Peccary & Other Persuasions
- "Ulterior Motive"
- The Complete History Of The Few Last Weeks Of The Mothers Of Invention
Squat, the Magical Pig
Other appearances of pigs in Zappa's work
- What Kind Of Girl Do You Think We Are?: "Pigs 'n donkeys"
- Agency Man: "A simple trick, you simple pig"
- Strictly Genteel (The Track): "The girl in the pig book"
- The Torture Never Stops: "An evil prince eats a steamin' pig in a chamber right near there."
- Honey Don't You Want A Man Like Me: "He called her (...) a pig (...)"
- Wistful Wit A Fist-Full
- Porn Wars: "This must be the end of the world! All the people turning into pigs and ponies I can't let it happen to me!"