From Zappa Wiki Jawaka
Zappa's lyrics and imagery often refer to noses.
- How's Your Bird? (The Track): "And how's your nose?"
- Plastic People (1966 - Los Angeles): You are. Your foot. Your hair. Your nose..."
- Status Back Baby: "A bunch of pom-pom girls looked down their nose at me."
- Brown Shoes Don't Make It: "She bites his fat neck and it lights up his nose."
- What's The Ugliest Part Of Your Body?: "Some say your nose..."
- The line "Leave my nose alone, please!" both appears at the end of the songs Flower Punk and I Don't Wanna Get Drafted.
- White Ugliness: Roy: "But then there was a . . . what was it then? No pimples?" (...) "You've got one right in your nose right now!"
- Uncle Remus: "And it's hard if it hits on your nose."
- Stink-Foot: "Your stink-foot puts a hurt on my nose."
- One of the constellations on the back cover of One Size Fits All is called "Al Nozzle", which might be a pun on "a nozzle" (American slang for "a nose"). Another star is called "ZIRCON (The Nose Star)".
- Disco Boy: "So wipe your nose and tried to get a little laid, tomorrow."
- Dancin' Fool: "And the spoon right up my nose."
"And the cocaine decisions that you make today
Will mean nothing later on
When you get nose decay
I don't wanna know
'Bout the things that you pull
Outta your nose
Or where they goes
But if you are wasted
From the stuff you're stickin' in it
I get madder every day"
- In France: "Hold your nose."
- Be In My Video: "I will make your nose smell the glove."
- Zappa's project Dio Fa: "This FOOTBALL GOD marionette is afflicted with an uncontrollable Nasal Growth Syndrome, pioneered by Pinocchio (perfected by Ronald Reagan). Whenever FOOTBALL GOD tells a lie, a horrible soft nose grows out of the soccer ball which forms the head of the logo. With each new lie, another monk appears (singing in Sardinian ethnic choral style), struggling to hold up FOOTBALL GOD'S repulsive nose with inexplicable religious machinery. To conclude the production in a way that allows FOOTBALL GOD to have a tiny nose and live happily ever after, we propose: As soon as the Italian National Team is selected, a rock video is made (in the style of 'THE SUPER BOWL SHUFFLE') using the players in uniform to render an Anglo-Italian rap version of Michael Jackson's 'I’M BAD'. This will be made into an instant hit by all Italian radio and television stations. At the end of the opera, FOOTBALL GOD sings His Hit (assisted by the monks — who turn out to be the Italian National Team in disguise). And so, by singing 'I'M BAD, I'M BAD, YOU KNOW IT, YOU KNOW IT!', GOD'S nose shrivels to Jacksonian proportions, and HE dances away."
- Zappa's video label, Honker Home Video was named after his own large nose (a "honker" is American slang for "large nose") and also uses a nose as imagery and slogan ("It's a honker!")
- Cal Schenkel's characters on Zappa's album covers often have a very specific nose, inspired by the dog nose characters in Carl Barks' comic strips about Donald Duck.