From Zappa Wiki Jawaka
Players On This Song
- Frank Zappa - lead guitar, vocals
- Ray White - rythm guitar, vocals
- Eddie Jobson - keyboards, violin, vocals
- Patrick O'Hearn - bass, vocals
- Terry Bozzio - drums, vocals
- Ruth Underwood - percussion, synthetizer
- David Samuels - timpani, vibes
- Randy Brecker - trumpet
- Mike Brecker - tenor sax, flute
- Lou Marini - alto sax, flute
- Ronnie Cuber - baritone sax, flute
- Tom Malone - trombone, trumpet, piccolo
- Don Pardo - sophisticated narration
Records On Which This Song Has Appeared
Zappa Albums & Side Projects
Tribute & Cover Albums
Notes About This Song
CC Clues In This Song
The word "leather" reappears several times in Zappa's work:
- Hunchentoot: According to the liner notes Muhammar Khadaffi wears a black leather S&M mask.
- Carolina Hard-Core Ecstasy: "Plastic leather 14 triple D."
- Broken Hearts Are For Assholes: "Let's talk about Leather: LEATHERRRRRR"
- We Gotta Get Into Something Real: "Hohoho leather" -"No, man, he's not interested in leather."
- Crew Slut: "I'm into leather." -"That's good: a lot of the boys in the crew love leather." (...) "You'll love it." - "With leather."
- Sy Borg: "Little leather cap and trousers"
- Valley Girl: "Could you just like picture me in a leather teddy?"
- Tinsel Town Rebellion (The Track): "Of leather groups and plastic groups"
- Mudd Club: "In serious leather, serious chains"
- Be In My Video: "Wear a leather collar" (...) after all the close-up shots of you in bondage leather"
- He's So Gay: "And every leather boy's a prince"
- Drop Dead: "...jizzing all over your leather cock-sucker costume"
- Leather Goods
- The name of the album Läther