From Zappa Wiki Jawaka
Collars, especially dog collars, are referenced a few times in Zappa's work.
- On the cover of Absolutely Free one of the advertisements shows a dog collar with the slogan "Buy A Fydo fits swell!"
- Cheepnis: "Big as a blimp with a rhinestone collar"
- Be In My Video: "Wear a leather collar."
- Later That Night: "And my best white shirts with the Mr. B collar laying all over the front lawn."
- The Adventures Of Greggery Peccary (1975 - Record Plant & UCLA): "A peccary is a little pig that distinguishes itself by wearing a white tie directly below the white collar."
"I don't think there is a market in America for what I do (...) "I refuse to put on a dog collar and go out onstage and jump around." (Frank Zappa, quoted in: Classical Zappa, April 1, 1984)