"Every major industrialized nation has A BEER (you can't be a Real Country unless you have A BEER and an
airline -- it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the veryleast you need A BEER."
Zappa hated beer and the "pseudo-militaric behaviour" that caused beer drinkers to behave stupid or dangerously with their buddies. Especially since the drink is promoted in advertisements as a sign of masculinity and male bonding. He felt wine drinkers didn't share this social behaviour: Winos Do Not March.
- America Drinks
- America Drinks And Goes Home
- Bow Tie Daddy: "Just go on with your drinking."
- Mom & Dad: "Ever let them watch you drink?"
- Titties 'n Beer
- Go Cry On Somebody Else's Shoulder: "I gave you my high school ring at the root beer stand"
- Fembot in A Wet T-Shirt Nite: "people paying entirely too much for their beer."
- Beer Shampoo
- I'm A Band Leader: "Not only can I drink a whole lot..."
- Billy The Mountain: "And drink a few beers."
- Lonesome Cowboy Burt: "When I get off, I get plastered/Drink till I fall onna floor (...) I fuss, an' I cuss an' I keep on drinkin', till my eyes puff up an' turn red! I drool on m'shirt"
- Joe's Garage (Track): "We didn't have no dope or LSD/but a couple quartsa beer."
- The Jimmy Carl Black Philosophy Lesson: "How are you gonna get laid if you dont play rock & roll and drink beer?"
- Conehead: "Where is my beer?" (...) But they rinse it away with a case of beer."