Zappa (Royal Academy of Music)
|Tributes & Cover Albums|
|Released April 2011|
- Peaches En Regalia arr. Ali N. Askin
- Big Swifty arr. Jon Nelson (Meridian Arts Ensemble) for Brass Quintett
- Dupree's Paradise
- Twenty Small Cigars trans. Chris Lyons
- The Legend Of The Golden Arches trans. Robert Peate
- St. Alphonzo's Pancake Breakfast trans. Charlie Piper
- Little Umbrellas trans. Joseph Davies
- Black Page #2 trans. Philip Cashian
- Music For Low-Budget Orchestra arr. Ian Underwood from Songbook Vol. 1, transcr. Philip Cashian
- Alien Orifice (Munchkin Music arr.) trans. Philip Cashian
- Little House I Used To Live In (from Songbook Vol. 1) trans. Philip Cashian
- The Perfect Stranger (Movements I and II)
- G-Spot Tornado arr. Ali N. Askin
Recorded at the Royal Academy of Music on 14th, 15th and 16th November 2010.
Produced by: Daniel-Ben Pienar
Consultant: Philip Cashian
Executive Producer: Jonathan Freeman-Attwood
Recorded and edited by Kirsten Cowie and mastered by Tom Leader at LCL Digital.
Cover Image © 1974 Zappa Family Trust. Used by Permission.
Recorded by kind permission of Gail Zappa and European American Music Distributors Company, Agent of the Work of Frank Zappa.
The album features reworked versions of various compositions by Frank Zappa, performed by the Royal Academy of Music Manson Ensemble and conducted by Franck Ollu.
The recording was made immediately after a 2010 concert forming part of a major Zappa festival to mark what would have been his 70th birthday.
The repertoire was transcribed by Academy students Chris Lyons, Charlie Piper, Robert Peate and Joseph Davies, as well as Head of Composition Philip Cashian.